Sunday, June 8, 2008

Facebook H*ll

Normally I try to keep this a G or E-for-everyone rated blog. But right now I am positively cursing one of my friends ASHLEY whom I won't name to protect her privacy. This friend Ashley has gotten me absolutely glued to Facebook. I SWORE I would never ever ever join one of these online networking things. SWORE. And I don't swear, not like that. But here I am, and the suspense is killing me. I can't take it. I don't need more stress in my life!!! As my BFF would say, OH, THE HUMANITY!!!

So since almost everyone I know (okay, half of you, anyway) is on this crazy Facebook thing, I decided to join. Okay, so that's not the only reason. It might have had something to do with wanting to look up old friends that my other friend I'm cursing today BFF has been dredging up out of our collective high school past (series starts here). But as most of you probably know, the way this thing works is you can send out requests to add people to your list as friends. That means you request to be acknowledged as their friend, and maybe they agree to allow you to add them to your list. MAYBE. It's a free country, after all. In the meantime, if you're like me, and you spent the better part of your growing-up-years trying to avoid just this kind of vulnerability to rejection, it's highly stressful. Gahhhhh!!

Okay. I can't take the stress anymore and must now leave the computer for a while. If I continue to sit here, all you poor readers are going to have to hear more about it and I'm SURE you're already tired of reading this post.

(And by the way, if you're on Facebook, tag me and I'll add you to my list! I need affirmation here!!!)

2 comments:

Angie said...

What's the old saying? Misery loves company? Well, hi company! Allow me to introduce myself. I'm misery. And we can thank our good friend Ashley for doing this to us. At least we're in it together! :-)

Angela said...

We'll just be miserable together! LOL!

Related Posts with Thumbnails