Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Vacation, all I ever wanted...

Okay, so it's a mini-vacation. Believe me, right now five straight days off work sounds like forever. I know it will fly by, but for now I am SO excited and just so happy to be home (and ~~woohoo!~~not going to work tomorrow) that I am bouncing off the walls, scaring the dog can barely sit still. Which is a good thing, because I'm going to need all this excess energy to accomplish the 5,673 projects I have set for myself during this brief interval off work. All the women I know reading this will understand exactly what I mean.

Why is it, do you think, that we ladies cannot allow ourselves to just sit around and relax when we have a few moments or, that most rare gem, a few days off from our normal duties? Why must we immediately pile this on top of that on top of the other, and on and on it goes? We seem to feel compelled to fill every spare second with an accomplished task of some sort. If you're anything like me, I make list after list after list of things I really mean to accomplish, usually until I reach a point where I feel so overwhelmed that I end up fleeing outside my office with a nice drink book! I try to organize/declutter/catch up/do or redo just about everything in my life, or at least I have grand plans to. Why can't we hardworking-very-deserving-Flylady-following-loving-mommies-extraordinary-wives-patient-pet-parents-and Fussy-approved-frump-fighters cut ourselves some slack on our day off??? (Seriously, I'm asking this honestly!)

Ah well. For now, do me a favor. Have a glass of your favorite beverage in honor of Wednesday. THIS Wednesday, the Beginning of My Mini Vacation. And just take a few moments out of your day to sit down, put your feet up and enjoy it, without trying to multitask while you do. I'm having prosecco (Italian sparkling wine, like champagne) which never fails to put me in a happy mood.

While I enjoy that, I'm going to make that list I was talking about...

Love, Dahrlin'

2 comments:

Robin's Reports said...

Ahhh, I had my decaf coffee tonight during Am Idol finale. It was delicious.

It's true, we never really sit around the house doing nothing. Even pre-kids I didn't sit. I trained dogs. I volunteered at a greater capacity. I did facial treatments & nails.

I promise you, we'll sit around on Fri night and enjoy doing nothing but chatting & eating. It will be very restful.

I'm going to blog about you! ha ha.

Angie said...

See, you're just as funny as fussy! I stayed up all night celebrating the beginning of your vacation. Ok, not really. I was up all night, but for nothing fun. :-( Have a cocktail (or 2 or 3) for me and I can't wait to hear about everything you do over the next few days! Remember to add "Rest and Relaxation" to the list! Love & Hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails