Sunday, May 11, 2008

Soulful Sunday

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. Psalm 18:2"

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

This morning I am feeling very tired but very thankful. I don't sleep at all very well during thunderstorms (the kind with repeated lightning and crashing thunder) and a very bad line of storms came through our area at 4 am. We got an inch plus of much-needed, soaking rain, which was great, but it came along with a lot of severe weather. We've had a roof leak in my office that no one can seem to fix properly, so every time we get a hard rain we feel compelled to come down and check it (especially since one of those "floor" electrical sockets is right underneath the window :-). I got up about 5 to check on that, and I also checked the weather. The tornado warning map was literally a mess of overlapping red rectangles, at least five different warning zones, covering more or less the entire southeast. The storm system stretched all the way from the coast back into Arkansas, Missouri etc. at that point.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems we've had a very bad spring for tornado outbreaks this year. It just seems every time it rains here (or in the midwest) lately, it's a severe weather system with actual tornadoes coming through - warnings, not just watches. Many people are probably aware that we even had a historic tornado come through downtown Atlanta recently. I believe it was the first one ever for downtown.

So today, I am even more thankful than usual. Thankful that the Lord protected us and our home through this stormy night, and prevented damage in our area on the scale of that out west. Thankful that we got some much-needed rain, and thankful (LOL) that it occurred on a day that won't interfere with the pool progress :-) Thankful that, unlike many in our area, we still have power, and the sun is now shining on our beautiful green landscape.

Some other things (people!) I'm thankful for today include my mother, my grandmother, my mother-in-law, my "other Mother" Diana, and each of you reading this. Hope you each have a great Mother's Day!

And as always, I am eternally grateful to my Lord and Savior Jesus, for all that He has done and continues to do for me.

Everyone enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails