Monday, May 26, 2008

My new favorite foodie site

Okay, so I know it's not Foodie Friday. And we're a bit late to be celebrating Cinco de Mayo... But we made something yummy yesterday that I wanted to share with you. And let me just say, Pioneer Woman ROCKS! I love her beautiful recipe presentations.


On a hunch that hubby might love these Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Thingies, since he loves all things spicy, I made them. And the recipe author is right: major, major yum!

I will admit, I cannot eat a lot of super hot stuff. I like jalapenos, but not usually a whole mouthful of slightly-cooked pepper at one time. The peppers we got were so hot I could literally smell the "pepper" compound as soon as I opened the bag, so I knew I was probably in trouble. I have to make hubby cut these things up because the pepper stuff irritates my respiratory tract.

But the kitchen smells divine while they cook. And the first few bites I had that were not too hot were wonderful. Hubby pronounced them a huge hit. He kept emphasizing the author's note that "we can make these ahead and freeze them, you know..." With only three ingredients and prep that is literally kid-friendly (except for close supervision on hand washing and that kind of thing), I told him he's welcome to make a batch up anytime he wants! ;-)

But seriously, if you're having a party or just have a hubby like mine who adores spicy food, these will definitely be a hit. Three ingredients; half an hour to make. Can't beat 'em - Try 'em!

Love, Dahrlin'

2 comments:

Angie said...

OMG, you have hit the motherload this time! Pioneer Woman is awesome! Now I'll never get any sleep because I've got way too many new sites to read archives on. Ha ha!

Robin's Reports said...

Angela,
I made these wraps back in January or something like that. I got a nasty burn from the jalapenos but other than that, Jack said they were delicious. I got them from PW too. I think they were superbowl recipes I made.

Anyhow, glad you like her stuff. She is a great cook.

Oh and many many milkbones to Tucker (but not the green ones).

Related Posts with Thumbnails