Friday, May 9, 2008

It's (finally) Foodie Friday!

So I’m gearing up for another freezer meal marathon! The first batch was an overwhelming success and I can’t shut up about this even though I know you’re tired of hearing it highly recommend this method. Here are my choices for Round 2. Most come from the Dinner Diva’s Mega Menu Mailer #2, except as otherwise noted. For this round I will also be making Giada’s marinara and her Chicken Cacciatore (both mentioned in an earlier post). Those both freeze delightfully after they are cooked, and in fact seem to improve as they age. The cacciatore is great for healthy lunches, and I need all of those that I can get! So without further ado, here’s the menu for the next month or so. We’ll fill in with a few dinners out, some leftovers and what I cook over the weekends, that sort of thing:

Pepper Steak
Polynesian Flank Steak
Jamaican BBQ Chicken
Fajitas Pollo Loco
Apricot BBQ Chicken
Salmon Patties (mine)
Pork Tenderloin in Plum Sauce (Cooking Light fave)
Tex-Mex Pork Wraps
Caribbean Turkey (and/or Steak)
Stir-fry Turkey & Veggies
Parmesan Crusted Chicken (Rachael Ray)
Lemon Chicken Scallopine (hubby’s new favorite)
Chicken Broccoli Braid (Pampered Chef)

I’m hoping to maximize our use of seasonal veggies for sides, and fruits for dessert. I’m going to get the hang of this five-a-day thing and stop eating junk food (and this time I mean it!) I'm also going to work my now-beloved baby lima beans and brown rice into some of these side dishes.

The hardest part of doing these meals is going back and making your own master grocery list (since I don’t make all 20 of the menu mailer recipes at the same time). This is tons of fun as it satisfies my need to create lists, but bad in a way because I can waste spend a lot of time endlessly re-doing and trying to perfect making lists of all kinds. Wish me luck! If I can remember, I will try to take some pics to share and post reviews as we go along!

2 comments:

Angie said...

You are my hero in the kitchen! I've been sitting here for the last hour with Saving Dinner in my hands trying to figure out what to put on my list for tomorrow's grocery trip. I keep getting distracted by Jake's hammering on the back of the house. At least, that's my excuse for now. Hee hee hee...

Robin's Reports said...

I'm not good at doing the monthly cooking and freezing it all back, but I hear people have a lot of success for it. Jack is more the fresh food type (me too, but he's more vocal).

I do shopping about once every 2 wks. I have a printout list of food from my grocery store in order by aisle. Then, I check off what I need. Email me and I'll send you a word copy. You can cut/paste to meet your store's set up.

It really does help. Rarely do I head back to the store for anything. Having kids will help you to be organized out of necessity. :o) No pressure though. ha ha.

Pool looks great. Love the concrete puddle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails