Thursday, April 10, 2008

More pool progress...

If you can stand another pool update! Lots of photos today, because I did not post yesterday and they have made a great deal of progress (and caused even more damage!) in a short span of time.

Here's the essentially finished excavation, including the spot for the spa and a little bench or step out that will go in the deep end.



And here is my beautiful blooming vine (no idea what type of flower this is; hopefully Robin can help me out here) that is persevering mostly bravely despite chaos and destruction on all sides!





This is a shot of the entire deep end; that rock strata is about 10 feet tall. I guess if we wanted the "really natural look" we could just line this pit with river stone and fill it! Doesn't look like the water would go anywhere!





Here, you'll see a couple of shots of the guys laying the plumbing and the rebar interior (the rebar will support the gunnite). I am still amazed they got all of this done in one day. Wow.
























Then, a couple of shots of the finished product, including the spa. I'm guessing with this much rock this close to the surface of the yard, they must have blasted an awful lot of rock out of this hillside in order to build our house!











And last, but not least for the day, the visible evidence of today's record-high pollen count, which is making all of us (human and canine alike) miserable. Tomorrow's rain will be welcome, as even the air has a yellowish tint!


9 comments:

Robin's Reports said...

I can't see the bloom very well. I'm not really good on my GA vines. It's a really nice color and something that I don't see in FL. Let me know if you figure it out.

Maybe Steph knows. Good deal on all that pool work.

dephal said...

Yay! Progress! :-)

I can't tell on my monitor--are the blooms yellow? Because it looks like the yellow jasmine that is creeping into my yard from next door. I don't know if the same stuff grows in GA, though.

Connordog said...

Looks good! I didn't realize part of it was going to be that close to the house.

Connordog said...

I also think you have yellow jasmine Angela. Is that confederate jasmine, or is the confederate the white jasmine. I have one of them.

Angela said...

You ladies are all way ahead of me. I am a botanical idiot!! Yes, the flowers are yellow; they are kind of a bright "daffodil" type of yellow. And it flowers all spring, summer and most of fall, but then goes dormant in the winter, if that helps.

And we are delighted with the progress! Thanks everyone for following along on the pictures. It is fun to share with everyone!

Phyllis, I'm working on block 10 (wow - it feels good to be into the double digits on these blocks!) It is one I'm making from remnants of other colorways. So far it is great. It's blues and greens, which I love. Very oceanic colors!

dephal said...

Yep, I think it's the same kind of jasmine my next-door neighbor has. She has it on the fence between our property, and sometimes it can be a bit aggressive about getting into my yard. But then I just hack it back. It is a really pretty plant.

Angela said...

Yes, that sounds right - this plant keeps invading onto the deck, but seems to survive well no matter how rudely we prune it. It's very pretty and I like the way it sort of covers up the bannister.

dephal said...

Right now the neighbor's jasmine is competing with my citrus blossoms for Best Smell in the Evening.

Angela said...

Yum!! Yesterday hubby mentioned cutting back "that thing that is exploding all over the wall." I told him he'd better not touch it; it is currently the ONLY thing growing/blooming in our entire backyard. It's keeping me sane!!! It, and the little hydrangea I dug up to "rescue" from the bulldozers. It's currently residing on the porch and so far, so good...

Related Posts with Thumbnails