Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Concrete Jungle

The backyard landscape is changing every day! Today was a big day, with the installation (application?) of the "gunnite," basically concrete shot from a spray gun. Interesting concept, and I have no clue how they make it stick. Apparently the method has to do with the point at which the water is injected into the concrete mixture. At any rate, the process is fascinating to watch!















Here are a few other sequences, showing the application and the results of the smoothing process. The end result is kind of amazing to me. They did that in one day!?



















These last two shots are sort of miscellaneous. In the first (do not try this at home :-) hubby is measuring to satisfy himself that the pool is actually 8 feet deep, as promised... I think his informal measurements indicate about a 7.5 ft depth from the waterline. And the second is a pic of the progress on the "under-deck" system. They're working on that as I write this, and should finish up tomorrow. Wahoo!



6 comments:

Robin's Reports said...

I've never seen that process before. Thanks for sharing. The boys will enjoy them too.

Angela said...

No problem! I wish I had been home to watch, but hubby got lots of photos, so that helps me see what went on!

Connordog said...

looks cool!!!!

Connordog said...

looks cool!!!!

Angie said...

I am absolutely fascinated with this pool project! Thanks for all the pics!

Angela said...

You and me both! It's been amazing to watch it go up. Of course, hubby and I vacillate between bouts of joy and despair, when we consider the current state of our backyard outside of the pool...

Related Posts with Thumbnails