Saturday, September 22, 2007

Second Lizard Ridge Block is Done!

I'm pleased to report that Block #2 is done. This is so much fun! These colors are my favorite of the four skeins I bought initially, as they are almost all blues, greens and purples (colors may not be quite true in the pic). This block is also nearly error-free - a major improvement over Block 1, except that I forgot I was not supposed to switch yarns at the very last repeat. Darn. Now it's got slightly less contrast toward that end than it should have, but I still love it.







Unfortunately, the third time was not the charm. Block 3 started off beautifully, lots of oranges and yellows (a nice contrast to the first two). However, two frustrating knitting sessions later, I have now learned a couple of lessons: First, I cannot knit while listening to hubby talk, even to someone else on the phone. Second, this distraction is made even worse when hubby is talking to my Dad and puts Dad on speakerphone, and we are also watching football on TV. Normal (i.e., more mindless) knitting without a pattern is no problem, but this one involves lots of counting stitches, and I constantly lose my place and have to refer to my pattern "map" to find my way again. Thursday night, after trying to correct what must have been error 463 for this block, after discovering I (once again) had only 40 stitches going on, I gave up and started over.



Of course, this is also the block where I began weaving in the ends (and cutting the yarn) as I went along, so I could not completely unravel and begin again with the same skein. I think there will still be enough yarn, but I hope it doesn't mess with the pattern too awfully for me to start in the middle of the skein :-(( Guess we'll find out!



So that's the Lizzie progress to date - I will continue, wiser this time, and post block three when it's done!



Happy weekend, and happy knitting!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I have the same problem too: cannot talk to husband while knitting. My first FO ever (a scarf) has a couple holes thanks to him. I look forward to reading more about your Lizard Ridge blanket as I am thinking about knitting myself one soon.

Angela said...

Thanks Emily! I will definitely post progress on the Lizzie blanket as I go along. Hopefully I can get block three back on track this weekend :-) It's a very enjoyable project - I definitely recommend it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails